Key US shale plays:
• Barnett Shale in Texas, dry and wet gas zones, combo area with oil/condensate as well
• Fayetteville Shale in Arkansas, mainly dry gas
• Haynesville Shale on the Louisiana-Texas border, mainly dry gas
• Marcellus Shale in Appalaichia, covering multiple states with Pennsylvania as main state, NE-part dry, SW-part with wet gas area
• Bakken Shale, hybrid shale system with mainly oil production, also exploiting underlying Three Forks tight sands formation.
• Eagle Ford in South Texas, oil and wet gas in addition to dry gas
• Niobrara in the Rockies, mostly oil
• Avalon in the Permian, mostly oil
• Utica in eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvani may be oil prone and future target by companies
• Canadian plays, notably Montney and Horn River in British Columbia, Utica in Quebec currently put on hold by Talisman.
For more on US shale Plays: http://docsearch.derrickpetroleum.com/research/q/Shale%20Plays.html