Global upstream M&A activity in Q2-2011 has currently reached $18.4 billion in 81 transactions against the total Q1-2011 numbers of $52.4 billion in 174 transactions.
Highlights of Q2-2011
- North America leads with $8.14 billion or 44% of the total global deal value
- Europe is in second position totaling $3.17 billion
- Followed by Asia ($2.15 billion) and Africa ($1.73 billion)
- In North America. conventional deals are in majority unlike the Q1-2011 where unconventional deals were dominating
- Oil weighted transactions accounted for 44% of the total global deal value.
Top ten transactions
Asset Vs Corporate transactions
The asset and corporate transactions are on par in Q2-2011. Of the total corporate transactions, 50% is complete takeovers and the other 50% is minority equity stakes.
Deals in play to be completed by Q2-2011
Atleast $4.4 billion worth of assets in North America are put up for sale and are expected to be sold by the end of June 30, 2011, according to Derrick Petroleum’s “Deals in Play” database.
Note: The results are extracted from Derrick Petroleum Services.