There are 20 opportunities recorded in Derrick’s “Deals in Play’” database for the region of North Africa comprising Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania and Egypt.
Out of these 20, 12 opportunities are for stakes in exploration blocks previously awarded, 5 are opportunities relating to developing undeveloped discoveries, 1 is for a stake in a producing field and 1 is for stakes in multiple asset types (appraisal/pre-development discoveries & 1 producing field) (Map 1)
The maximum opportunities are in Morocco (8), followed by Tunisia (7), Egypt (3), Algeria (1) and Mauritania (1).
Derrick has valued the following packages (developing discoveries & producing fields) - (Table 1)
1. Dana Petroleum offers 25% in exploration concession offshore Egypt
2. Roc Oil to divest package of assets offshore Mauritania
3. Canamens Energy seeks farm-in partner(s) for two licenses offshore Morocco
4. Atlas Petroleum and Eurogas seek farm-in partner for Sfax permit, offshore Tunisia
5. Cooper Energy to farmout interest in offshore Tunisian field
North Africa presently accounts for 29% of total opportunities present in Africa