Top 20 global deals by value – Multiple categories
- Sale of a partial interest in one E&P company by another industry player, e.g., sale of 51% stake in Cairn India by Cairn Energy; Lukoil’s stock repurchase from ConocoPhillips; E.ON’s sale of 3.5% interest in Gazprom; and Shell’s divestiture of a 10% interest in Woodside
- Chinese/Asian NOCs aggressively buying up global assets, in particular in South America e.g., parts of Repsol’s Brazil portfolio and Pan American Energy, and elsewhere, e.g., ConocoPhillips’ interest in Syncrude project.
- BP’s divestments for funding post-Macondo costs, including sale of interest in Pan American Energy and assets across three countries to Apache.
- Unconventional and conventional acquisitions by Majors, including Atlas Energy by Chevron; Arrow Energy by Shell, Devon’s Brazil and Azerbaijan portfolio by BP.
Global map view of selected, key assets traded during 2010
For more details look at http://www.derrickpetroleum.com/reports1.html
We have also recently published a report for E&P Business Development and New Ventures professionals working on deals globally. This report provides information on $93 billion of global oil and gas assets on the market.
The report provides details on ~500 opportunities:
· Assets for sale
· Corporate M&A opportunities
· JV opportunities
· Exploration farm-ins
You can view a sample copy of this report at http://www.derrickpetroleum.com/reports2.html